Thursday, April 23, 2009

Page 2 of novel in progress

Stage I
Birth
26June,1920-
When I emerged the doctor said, "It's a Cyanotic baby". The old woman assisting grunted as the doctor continued, "A blue baby". While the doctor busied himself the woman started a fire in the kitchen stove. When the doctor was finished she bundled the baby in a blanket and put him in the oven saying, "He's cold".
As he prepared to leave, the doctor informed my mother, "You'll never raise it." He called me it. He returned on the eighth day and deprived me of my prepuce.
On this hot summer day of 1920 it was probably reasonable to conclude that I would die and nothing more could be done. Medical science was in infancy compared to today. It is possible the extra heat from the kitchen oven gave me a start in life. Did the old woman do it? Or did God do it? And who was God anyway? Was the old woman God? If so, did she not have more important work to do? If not in this world; perhaps in some other world in some other galaxy out of the unending billions in the universe. For those who are able to accept what they read in the Christian bible or any of the other "holy" books, there are no questions. What "Hubble" tells us must be ignored. One must close the mind and rely on faith. The results of its advanced peering into deep space must be ignored as scientific fantasy.
To believe Hubble, would destroy the blind faith of the Creationists and possibly wreak serious damage to other established religions.

No comments:

Post a Comment